Thursday, October 31, 2013

Creative Response - Sons of the return home

Chapter One

She sat there, blonde hair, fair skined arms rushing above that piece of paper
making note? writing a letter? drawing? scribbling?
Although her presences and her questions annoyed me,
her nameless face remained.
Imprinted into my brain, the last thing that came to mind
before my eyes closed.
Her figure out lined,
her violet soft toned voice echoing questions of annoyance.
it bothered me than, but if comforted my quite mind with her tone used as a lullaby.
She wont leave.
I wont let her.
I'll keep her locked into my mind, as a deep dark secret
until that day comes where my culture makes that choice for me.

With my head in my books, before she could made her strong impression
she walked in with a boiling cup of chocolate brown cocoa, with a teaspoon of milk not stirred, just lurking above.
Just the way I like it.
She always did things that way. The way I like it.
Oka gutted, scaled and cubed in to small pieces of flesh
laced with white cream, spiced with natural pants from the super market
down my throat, spicy and fresh. She made the oka the way I liked it.
Her large islander body imprinted deep into my freshly laid sheets.
She watched as I took quick sips of the hot cuppa and mumbled answers that she wanted to hear.
To make her leave.
Now.
"Dont study to hard. Go to sleep"
bidding me goodnight.

These two.
One who share my features, my skin, my eyes and my heritage
differed strongly from me.
The other who looked like a ghost next to me, her white skin, blonde hair and her open personality shared my feelings.
Both sharing one thing in common, noticing me.
They never will understand each other.
Two worlds that collide through me.
Both with my love and with respect, making the decisions difficult to make.
But I will always to my culture
and my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment